Chartered Structural Engineer in West Sussex
Work carried out across Bognor Regis, Horsham, Worthing, East Grinstead, Crawley, Chichester
Chichester, United Kingdom – June 6, 2010: The Medieval Chichester Cross stands in the middle of the town. This unique building was built in the 15th century as a shelter and meeting point.
Experienced chartered structural engineers for your project
With over 35 years experience engineering for the commercial and domestic markets, Abbott Holliday are the ‘go-to’ specialists for structural engineer work in and around West Sussex.
Our local engineers with local knowledge are here to support your project. From home renovations and commercial design to structural surveys and inspections, choose an organisation you can trust.
– £2M professional indemnity cover
– No-obligation FREE quotes
– Residential & commercial
– Professional advice given
Our chartered structural engineering services include…
Structural design, structural defect inspections & structural surveys and expert witness for structural engineering-related litigation.
We carry out structural surveys on existing buildings for pre-purchase reports or for buildings that have defects like leaning or cracking. We provide a report explaining the cause and what needs to be done to resolve the problem.
We provide structural engineering design services for domestic and small commercial clients. This includes conversions, alterations and extensions.
Expert witness services
We provide expert witness services in structural engineering-related court cases such as personal injury, insurance claim disputes or to assist in mediation.
Structural condition inspection of a barn
Location: near Crawley
The client was wanting to convert this barn into a residential property, but the council’s planning department required a condition survey as part of the process of granting permission for the conversion.
- Thorough site visit carried out
- Some small structural defects were found, but these were historical
- No recently formed issues
- Findings written up in a report and submitted to the customer
- The customer was able to submit our report as part of his planning application
Small extension & internal alterations
The client was making internal alterations and building an extension on clay soil, the foundations of which they were concerned may be affected by the roots of their neighbour’s tree.
- We visited the site and took soil samples
- Soil testing arranged
- Structural requirements provided with drawings and calculations for building control submission
- Specifications submitted for the client to pass onto their builder. The client was able to go ahead with confidence
Sunken floor in listed building
The client was in the process of purchasing a Grade II Listed Building but had concerns about the condition of the ground floor structure above a basement. The property for purchase was a ground floor apartment with a separately owned apartment above.
- Conducted structural inspection of sunken floor
- Provided advice on the causes of the bowing and remediations required
- Also provided advice on the feasibility of removing a chimney breast
- Iaculis phasellus in ultricies
- Nulla nam in enim nulla
- Donec nec mollis massa
From the first phone call through the thorough investigation of the cracks in our house and the timely comprehensive report to the follow-up emails, [Michael’s] expertise and professionalism was clear, a real pleasure to do business with. Chris M
Contact Abbott Holliday
Give us a call, drop us an email or fill in the contact form with your details and we’ll get back to you.
Office location: Herne Road, Worthing, BN11 4NX, West Sussex