Chartered Structural Engineer in Hackney
Work carried out across East London, Streatham, Dalston, Bethnal Green, Bow, Stratford
Martello Street in Hackney, which is in the London Fields ward/electoral division
Experienced chartered structural engineers for your project
With over 35 years experience engineering for the commercial and domestic markets, Abbott Holliday are the ‘go-to’ specialists for structural engineer work in and around Hackney and East London.
Our local engineers with local knowledge are here to support your project. From home renovations and commercial design to structural surveys and inspections, choose an organisation you can trust.
– £2M professional indemnity cover
– No-obligation FREE quotes
– Residential & commercial
– Professional advice given
Our chartered structural engineering services include…
Structural design, structural defect inspections & structural surveys and expert witness for structural engineering-related litigation.
We carry out structural surveys on existing buildings for pre-purchase reports or for buildings that have defects like leaning or cracking. We provide a report explaining the cause and what needs to be done to resolve the problem.
We provide structural engineering design services for domestic and small commercial clients. This includes conversions, alterations and extensions.
Expert witness services
We provide expert witness services in structural engineering-related court cases such as personal injury, insurance claim disputes or to assist in mediation.
Location: Cecilia Road, Hackney
The owners of this house was concerned that the chimney, which had started leaning, would collapse onto their roof.
- Site visit conducted
- Cause found to be works to neighbour’s roof
- Recommended chimney was part removed and rebuilt
- Recommended other parts could be repointed without reconstruction
- Supplied report with photos, findings and recommendations
Litigation for builders’ neglect
Location: Acer Road, Dalston Junction
After a loft conversion resulted in signs of structural issues, we were called in to inspect the works.
- Structural beams were found to have been installed directly onto party walls, causing cracks.
- The builders had been asked to install the beams onto dedicated structure beside the party wall.
- Measured and analysed the cracks and rest of structure.
- Concluded that the cracks and the incorrect loading were not significant or dangerous and could be filled. No legal case against the builders was filed by the customer.
Vertical crack in party wall
Location: Daubeney Road, Hackney
We were asked to inspect a crack in a Victorian house on Daubeney Road.
- Conducted a site visit to assess and measure the crack and inspect the house and ground type
- Found that the crack was behaving as a movement joint owing to foundation movement caused by tree root growth
- Recommended a specific movement joint method repair and tree control work to minimise further foundation movement
We contacted Abbott Holliday because our house is suffering from subsidence. We had a claim with our insurance. Progress was very slow and we felt they were leaving us in the dark, without information at all. As we are not familiar with this issue and found everything and anything online, we contacted Abbott Holliday to get a third party view on our particular case. They were prompt to respond and sent an engineer quickly. His visit was more thorough than the one from the insurance, looking at inside, outside and the neighbouring properties too. It was also a good opportunity for us to ask questions and for them to tell us more about the issue, possible solutions and consequences. Overall, this very valuable experience really helped us understand the issue and what to expect. It also gives us more confidence to chase/challenge our insurance company.
Contact Abbott Holliday
Give us a call, drop us an email or fill in the contact form with your details and we’ll get back to you.
Office location: Hackney Road, London, E2 7PD