Chartered Structural Engineer in Essex
Work carried out across Colchester, Chelmsford, Brentwood, Southend-on-Sea, Braintree and Basildon
The tower of St. John the Baptist church in the beautiful village of Finchingfield in Essex
Experienced chartered structural engineers for your project
With over 35 years experience engineering for the commercial and domestic markets, Abbott Holliday are the ‘go-to’ specialists for structural engineer work in and around Essex.
Our local engineers with local knowledge are here to support your project. From home renovations and commercial design to structural surveys and inspections, choose an organisation you can trust.
– £2M professional indemnity cover
– No-obligation FREE quotes
– Residential & commercial
– Professional advice given
Our chartered structural engineering services include…
Structural design, structural defect inspections & structural surveys and expert witness for structural engineering-related litigation.
We carry out structural surveys on existing buildings for pre-purchase reports or for buildings that have defects like leaning or cracking. We provide a report explaining the cause and what needs to be done to resolve the problem.
We provide structural engineering design services for domestic and small commercial clients. This includes conversions, alterations and extensions.
Expert witness services
We provide expert witness services in structural engineering-related court cases such as personal injury, insurance claim disputes or to assist in mediation.
Condition report, fire escape
The owner of this building in Romford asked us to conduct a routine fire escape staircase inspection in line with the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) order 2005.
- We visited the site and conducted the inspection
- Several small defects noted
- A compliance report produced, highlighting recommendations
- The customer achieved their regulatory compliance
Chimney breast support
This client required the removal of a chimney breast below attic level in order to open up the space in their reception room downstairs, but was aware that the process required an engineer-led approach to avoid structural issues.
- Visited the property and took measurements
- Determined structural requirements
- Prepared drawings and calculations for building control submission
- Provided specifications to be passed on to the builder
- The customer was able to complete the works safely
Diagnosis of cracks appearing in home
The existing owners of this home near Brentwood were concerned when they moticed cracks appearing in one of the walls in their home.
- Visited the property and inspected the cracks as well as the rest of the property, to scope all possible causes as well as any other structural defects
- Diagnosed the issue as ground movement caused by a faulty drain underground
- Remedial work recommended along with all our findings in a report
- The owners of the property were able to choose one of two resolution options we had recommended
Abbott Holliday has provided us with excellent professional advice in relation to a house we are planning to buy. Having experienced subsidence problems with a home we owned many years ago we were particularly keen to have an assessment made of the house where we now plan to live. Their assessment that the house exhibited good structural integrity with no signs of distress was of great help and reassurance to us. The work was carried out in a timely way and we were very pleased with their positive assessment of the property, and with the clear presentation of their findings. Michael G
Contact Abbott Holliday
Give us a call, drop us an email or fill in the contact form with your details and we’ll get back to you.
Office location: Hills Close, Braintree, Essex, CM7 9BP